Friday, May 4, 2018
Meet and Greet at Capital Plaza Hotel
415 W McCarty, Jefferson City, MO 65101
Candlelight Vigil at Memorial on the north side of State Capitol
(Please Note Construction Information and Limited Parking as Noted Below)
Saturday, May 5, 2018
Surviving Families, wreaths, & escort officers meet at Command van at Memorial Site
Carnahan Memorial Garden
101 Jefferson Street, East
(IF inclement weather see Note Below)
RSVP: by APRIL 28th, 2018 State FOP Office: (800) 752-5707 or (573) 632-4209 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Hotel Reservations may be made at
Capitol Plaza (573) 635-1234
Baymont Inn (573) 636-5231
(ask for FOP State Memorial rate)
• Questions may be directed to MO C.O.P.S. Treasurer Staci Brakhage at
(816) 646-9304 or email@example.com
Hey everyone!! We want to highlight some MAJOR changes for this year! There is some major construction going on around the capital. With that happening that is causing some things to need to be moved/modified/and sadly cancelled.
1. The parking for the night of the candle light. It is going to be very limited and we are working on a solution to help everyone. We are very sorry for this but they have closed some of the access and parking.
2. After the candle light… there will be a get together (with food) at the FOP like in the past years. The address, 715 Jefferson Street, Jefferson City, MO . Pending things work out we might also have some food being served outside of the church like there was last year.
3. The memorial for Saturday morning. The location has changed. It is at the Carnahan memorial Garden, located at 101 Jefferson Street, East. Parking in this area is very open and no one should have problems finding parking. IF there is inclement weather the service will be held at the MO State Highway Patrol Headquarters. Address: 1510 E. Elm Street, Jefferson City, MO
4. THIS IS THE BIGGEST OF ALL!! There will not be a lunch after the memorial. We are all sad by this but there is no open locations.
We look forward to seeing everyone this year! Please be sure to come by and say hi at the meet and greet!